Following user feedback, TrueCaller has completely re-written its iOS app from the ground up to be lighter and more efficient. Also, TrueCaller claims that this updated app now offers 10 times better spam, scam and business call identification when compared to previous versions of the app.
Also, you can now search for a number in TrueCaller without opening the app. If you have a missed call from an unknown number, you can go to your call log, tap the info button, and ‘Share Contact’ to Truecaller. Truecaller will identify the name of the caller, and then it will show up in your iPhone Call Log.
TrueCaller for iPhone features:
- 10x better Caller ID, 10x better protection against spam and scam
- Smoother and faster onboarding for new users
- Enhanced detail view when you search for numbers
- New Premium purchase flow with easier feature comparisons
- Redesigned search extension (from Phone > Recents > Share Contact)
TrueCaller also revealed that the following features are coming soon to the TrueCaller iOS app:
- Major improvements on SMS filtering, spam detection and community based services, including a redesigned number look-up widget to search unknown callers even faster
- The iPhone app will also get automatic blocking of top spammers, the ability to view detailed statistics on spam marked numbers and the ability to view and contribute comments on spam marked numbers for additional context
“This update has been a long time coming for many iPhone users, and now we can offer them the best performing identifier of spam and scam to help them separate the noise from the communication they want to respond to” said Alan Mamedi, Co-founder and CEO of Truecaller.