Back in May, Microsoft started testing the new Home experience for all Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles. After testing it with gamers over the past few months, Microsoft is now rolling out this new Home experience to all Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles. Over the coming weeks, all users will have this new experience. This new Home experience makes it easier to discover new games, rediscover games you already love, connect with communities, and create a more personalized experience.
The new Xbox Home experience offers the following:
- Makes it easy to go to your Library, the Microsoft Store, Xbox Game Pass, Search, and Settings at the very top of your Home by introducing a quick access menu.
- Creates more space for your personalized background by simplifying the layout and putting the games you recently played and other content and apps towards the bottom of the screen.
- Adds an option to change your background to match the game you are highlighting in the recently played list.
- Improves game discovery by introducing lists of games curated and personalized for you.
- Allows you to customize your experience by pinning your favorite games, curated groups, and system groups like Quick Resume to Home.
- Helps you find what’s going on in your community through the updated Friends & Community Updates row.
- Shows you what media apps and content are available to you via a Watch & Listen spotlight and list of entertainment apps