Microsoft today announced the release of Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23493 to the Dev Channel. This new Insider build comes with several new features including Windows Copilot, native support for popular archive formats such as RAR, 7-Zip and more.
In this new Insider build, Microsoft is also introducing a new home page for Settings app that offers an overview of your device, quick access to key settings, and helps manage your Microsoft account.
In the new Settings Home page, Microsoft has created interactive cards that represent various device and account related settings, grouped by commonly accessed functions. For now, there are 11 different cards. Find the overview of each card below:
- Recommended settings: This card adapts to your specific usage patterns, providing timely and relevant settings options. It’s designed to streamline your settings management and save you time.
- Cloud storage: Gives you an overview of your cloud storage use and lets you know when you’re nearing capacity.
- Account recovery: Helps keep your Microsoft account more secure by helping you add additional recovery info so you never get locked out of your account, even if you forget your password.
- Personalization: Brings customization to the forefront by offering one-click access to update your background theme or change your color mode.
- Microsoft 365: Provides a quick glimpse of your subscription status and benefits, along with the ability to take some key actions right in Settings instead of going to the web.
- Xbox: Similar to the Microsoft 365 card, you’ll be able to view your subscription status and manage the subscription from the Settings app.
- Bluetooth Devices: To simplify your Bluetooth device management experience, we’ve brought this to the forefront so you can quickly access and connect to your favorite Bluetooth-enabled devices.
You can take swift actions directly from this page with just a click, making device and account management seamless and efficient.
This new Settings home experience is for Windows 11 Home and Pro users alone, not for enterprise users.