Early this year, Microsoft announced a major update to GroupMe chat app. Microsoft made GroupMe simpler, faster, and better. This update came with a brand-new feature called Topics that will allow you to easily organize your chats.
GroupMe connects groups in your life, big and small, and is especially popular with student and university groups on college and university campuses.
Today, Microsoft announced another major update for GroupMe. GroupMe app now supports group voice and video calls. Through the power of Microsoft Teams, GroupMe now allows you to make free group voice and video calls with up to 100 people simultaneously.
Here’s how group voice and video calls work on GroupMe app:
- Open the GroupMe app, and then tap the group chat that you want to call.
- Tap audio or video call icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- A pop-up window asks you to confirm the call. To begin, tap Join Call.
- The Join button appears in the chat conversation and chat list screens. To join the call, other group members can tap the Join button.
- After someone joins the call, you will see their video (if it’s turned on) or their name on the screen. You can also see how many people are on the call and who is currently speaking.
See a video tutorial on using the app below:
Sign up for GroupMe here.