Amazon today announced a new addition to its Echo lineup. The new Echo Pop is a compact smart speaker with Alexa features with semi-sphere form factor, and new Lavender Bloom and Midnight Teal color options. The main highlight of this speaker is its price, it will cost just $39.99.
The new Echo Pop features a custom-designed front-facing directional speaker and is powered by the Amazon AZ2 Neural Edge processor. It also comes with eero Built-in, allowing you to use the device to add up to 1,000 square feet of coverage to an existing eero wifi network.
Amazon Echo Pop features:
- INTRODUCING ECHO POP – This compact smart speaker with Alexa features full sound that’s great for bedrooms and small spaces. Small enough to blend in and mighty enough to stand out.
- CONTROL MUSIC WITH YOUR VOICE – Ask Alexa to play music, audiobooks, and podcasts from your favorite providers like Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM and more. Connect via Bluetooth to stream throughout your space.
- MAKE ANY SPACE A SMART SPACE – Easily control compatible smart home devices like smart plugs or smart lights with your voice or the Alexa App.
- LIFE JUST GOT EASIER – Have Alexa set timers, check the weather, read the news, re-order paper towels, make calls, answer questions, and more.
- ALEXA HAS SKILLS – With tens of thousands of skills and counting, Alexa can help you do more or do less – like playing relaxing sounds and testing your music knowledge.
- ABOUT THE LIGHT BAR – Alexa doesn’t begin listening until your device hears you say “Alexa” and the light bar turns blue.
- DESIGNED TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY – Amazon is not in the business of selling your personal information to others. Built with multiple layers of privacy controls, including a mic off button.
- DESIGNED FOR SUSTAINABILITY – This device’s fabric is made from 100% post-consumer recycled yarn and aluminum is made from 80% recycled aluminum. The device packaging is 100% recyclable.
You can pre-order the new Amazon Echo Pop here for $39.99.