Back in March, Microsoft announced Microsoft 365 Copilot. Microsoft 365 Copilot will be available across Microsoft 365 apps including Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Microsoft today announced several new Microsoft 365 Copilot capabilities and also announced the expansion of the Early Access Program. Microsoft 365 Copilot Early Access Program is an invitation-only, paid preview program that will be rolling out to an initial wave of 600 customers worldwide.
Semantic Index for Copilot:
Semantic Index for Copilot is a new feature in Microsoft 365 E3 and E5 that acts as a sophisticated map of user and company data. It uses that conceptual understanding to determine your intent and help you find what you need. It improves enterprise search results for E3 and E5 customers.
Copilot in Whiteboard:
- Using natural language, you can ask Copilot to generate ideas, organize ideas into themes, create designs that bring ideas to life, and summarize whiteboard content.
- Copilot in Whiteboard can turn your ideas into original images that complement and enhance your text.
Copilot in PowerPoint:
- OpenAI’s image generator, DALL-E, is coming to PowerPoint.
- You can ask Copilot to “create a black and white image of a bulletin board with sticky notes and post cards in an artistic photography style” and see that image quickly appear in PowerPoint.
- Rewrite with Copilot improves your PowerPoint presentation’s text, turning bullet points into paragraphs (or vice versa), making your text more concise, and creating original titles for your slides.
Copilot in Outlook:
Using Copilot in Outlook, you can draft an email and Copilot can will offer coaching tips and suggestions on clarity and tone to help you compose more effective emails and strike just the right note.
Copilot in OneNote:
Copilot in OneNote can help you reorganize your content, adjust formatting, and highlight your most important points. You can say things like summarize notes into bullet points on a new page, generate a list of topics and talking points to be covered in an annual investor update meeting and more.
Copilot in Microsoft Loop:
Copilot in Microsoft Loop helps your team stay in sync by quickly summarizing all the content on your Microsoft Loop page. You can edit Copilot summaries, add additional details or context, and send summaries to others as Microsoft Loop components.
Copilot in Microsoft Viva:
Copilot in Microsoft Viva Learning helps users create a personalized learning journey including designing upskilling paths, discovering relevant learning resources, and scheduling time for assigned trainings.