Microsoft Translator recently added support for five new languages. You can find the list of new languages below:
- Konkani: Konkani is primarily spoken by over 2 million people in the states of Goa, Maharashtra, and Karnataka in India.
- Maithil: Maithili is spoken by over 75 million people in India and Nepal. P
- Sindhi: Sindhi is spoken by over 20 million people in Pakistan, India, and Afghanistan.
- Sinhala: Sinhala is spoken by over 16 million people in Sri Lanka
- Lower Sorbian: A West Slavic minority language spoken in eastern Germany, and it is a heavily endangered language with less than 7,000 speakers.
This brings Microsoft Translator’s total number of supported languages to 129. Text translation for these new languages is available now in the Microsoft Translator apps, Office, and Translator for Bing. Through Translator Azure Cognitive Service, you can add text translation of all these five languages to your apps, websites, workflows, and tools.