We already know that Google is working on a foldable smartphone under their Pixel brand. This upcoming Pixel Fold foldable smartphone will have a flexible main display and a regular cover display similar to Samsung Galaxy Z Fold series.
Today, CNBC reported some key details about this upcoming smartphone.
- Google will officially announce Pixel Fold smartphone on May 10 during its I/O 2023 conference.
- Google Pixel Fold will start at $1700.
- Google Pixel Fold will feature the most durable hinge on a foldable smartphone.
- Google Pixel Fold will be water-resistant.
- The flexible main display size would be 7.6-inch and the outer cover display would be 5.8-inch.
- The Pixel Fold will weigh 10oz, thanks to its larger battery.
- Google will claim that Pixel Fold will last for 24 hours, or up to 72 hours in a low power mode.
- As expected, the Pixel Fold will be powered by Google’s Tensor G2 chip.
- Google will allow customers to trade-in a Pixel, iPhone or an Android-powered phone for a discount on the Pixel Fold.
- Google will also offer a free Pixel Watch to Pixel Fold customers.
In August this year, Samsung is expected to launch the successor to Galaxy Z Fold4 that will come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen2 processor, improved cameras and new hinge for better durability.