Yesterday, Microsoft announced a new feature in Outlook for Mac that will help users who configure multiple accounts. Instead of getting distracted by multiple accounts, the new Profile feature in Outlook for Mac will allow users to create profiles – for example, one for work account, and another for personal account. With one click or by pressing the Control+Tab keys, you can switch between these profiles in seconds.
Once you select a profile, Outlook will not deliver any notifications from your other added profile and vice versa. You can also setup automation for profile switching with Siri automation.
Outlook Profiles will offer the following:
- Theme your work profile to be a different color than your personal profile.
- Switch between various Outlook to help with work-life balance. For example, you can switch to your personal profile, every weekday after 6pm and switch back to work at 8am, the next day.
- Set up as many profiles as you need to best manage your time and your inbox.
- Define different Outlook window appearance for different profiles.
- Tie your email accounts within Outlook for Mac to Apple’s Focus Filters.
Here’s how you can enable Outlook profiles feature:
- Click the Globe icon on the navigation bar on the left side of the app window.
- Follow the steps to create your profile (or profiles).
- Once the profiles are created, you can see them in the navigation bar.
- To edit your default profile preferences, select Profiles > Manage Profiles.
This new Outlook profiles feature is available to Insiders running Version 16.70 (Build 23021201) or later.