Unlike ChatGPT, Microsoft’s Bing Chat experience has a 2000-character limit for questions. The Bing Chat’s text box will truncate any content that goes beyond 2000 characters. But if you really want to post a longer question to Bing Chat, you can use a simple trick described below.
Fortunately, the character limit in Bing Chat is imposed only on the client side. The Bing backend doesn’t have this limit. So, you can overcome this limit by modifying the maxlength variable value as shown in the screenshot below.
To see the above window, follow the below steps:
- Open Bing Chat web page in Edge or Chrome browser.
- Right click the chat text box and click Inspect.
- In the text area class, change the value of maxlength variable from 2000 to 10000.
- Once done, you can post your longer query in chat box and press enter.
- Bing will recognize your complete question and provides you with an appropriate answer.
Another way to overcome the 2000-limit in Bing Chat is using Microsoft Edge browser and the following steps.
Create a text file with longer content.
Open the text file in Microsoft Edge. (Drag and drop is fine)
Open the Bing sidebar and type “Read web page” or “Read web content”
Bing will recognize the entire content and will be ready to answer your queries based on the content.