After testing the feature with enterprise customers for months, Microsoft Edge Workspaces feature is now available in public preview for general consumers. This feature allows users to create and curate sets of tabs and favorites within Edge Workspaces, which are automatically saved and updated.
You can create a single, shared view of your group’s web pages and documents within a unique browser window, with real-time updates.
It is important to note that this is not browser screensharing. Each user will only see content that they have access to. Also, Edge Workspaces will not share browser or confidential account data like logins, cookies, and passwords with anyone else who has access.
Edge Workspaces Preview feature:
- Accomplish more online: You and your group can browse the same set of tabs on different devices and be in sync at all times.
- Stay up-to-date: Updates to tabs and favorites within an Edge Workspace happen in real-time so everyone can stay on the same page.
- Focus on what matters: Remain focused while working on specific tasks or connecting with different groups by separating your open tabs into unique Edge Workspaces.
If you are interested in Edge Workspaces, you can access the preview here.
- You will need to be signed into your Microsoft account using Microsoft Edge version 111.0.1661.51 (or higher). If you do not yet have a Microsoft account, you will need to create one to get started.
- You will receive 5 invites to send to friends and family to join the preview. As we are starting with limited preview, this will be subject to availability.
- We’re starting with a limited group of users to gather feedback and will expand to more users during the next several months.
- Workspaces will be available on PC and Mac to start.