Microsoft today announced that a new file experience is coming to Microsoft Teams. This new file app experience comes with an updated navigation panel allowing you to quickly discover, access and share your files from your chats, channels, or meetings.
The new files app comes with the following five sections.
- Home: Get back to your recently accessed files.
- My files: Access your personal files saved in your OneDrive.
- Shared: Find files shared with you and files you have shared with others across M365.
- Downloads: Locate files downloaded from Teams on your computer.
- Quick Access: Pin a Teams channel file tab or SharePoint document library to access quickly.
Microsoft believes that this new file experience brings consistency and familiarity with how files are stored, shared, and accessed across Microsoft 365 and OneDrive.