Intel today announced the new Intel vPro platform powered by the 13th Gen Intel Core processors targeting enterprise customers. More than 170 commercial laptops, desktops and entry workstations from OEMs including Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Panasonic and Samsung are expected to be available based on this new platform this year. The new vPro platform powered by the 13th Gen Intel Core processors will be offering following improvements:
- Up to 65% faster Windows application performance versus 3-year-old desktop PC.
- Up to 45% faster content creation while multitasking than a current AMD desktop.
- Up to 2.3 times faster Windows application performance versus 3-year-old mobile PC.
- Up to 40% faster Windows application performance versus a current AMD notebook and up to 25% faster business application performance versus Apple M2.
- Up to 58% faster report generation while collaborating than a current AMD notebook.
Compared to regular 13th gen Intel processors, Intel vPro has built-in hardware security to detect ransomware and software supply chain attacks. Also, devices can be configured with endpoint detection and response (EDR) vendors enabled with Intel Threat Detection Technology. Also, the new IT-enabled memory encryption will also take virtualization-based security to next level in Windows 11.