Microsoft first revealed Microsoft Loop, its Notion alternative back in 2021. Last year, Microsoft announced that Loop has reached the private preview phase. Today, Microsoft announced the public preview of Loop app featuring workspaces, pages, and components that sync across Microsoft 365.
Microsoft Loop is a new app that combines a powerful and flexible canvas with portable components that stay in sync and move freely across Microsoft 365 apps.
Loop components are already supported across Microsoft 365 apps including Teams, Outlook and more. Loop component types include task list, bulleted list, checklist, numbered list, paragraph list, and table. They are live and can be copied and pasted across Microsoft 365— staying in sync in all the places they exist.
- Type / to explore content types you can insert.
- Type @ to mention people or link a file.
- Type : to open the emoji picker.
- Select any text & right-click to format it.
- Hold the ⋮⋮ icon to the left of text to drag and drop content.
- Use the chat bubble icon to the left of text to add a comment or reaction.
- You can use the sidebar to navigate between Workspaces
- Click the Loop logo to see all your workspaces.
- Create a workspace for each of your projects.
- Click the round, purple + button in the sidebar to add a page or link.
Microsoft Loop is the next-generation co-creation app that connects teams and tasks across your tools and devices. It’s a new way of working — so you and your team can think, plan, and create together from anywhere!
You can access Microsoft Loop on preview on the web here. To download the mobile app, visit the Loop mobile app for Android and Loop iOS app. For now, the mobile app is available for work accounts alone.