It’s been just over a month since Microsoft released the new AI-powered Bing. The new AI-powered Bing delivers better search, more complete answers, a new chat experience and the ability to generate content. More than 1 million people joined the waitlist to try the new Bing preview in just 48 hours after the launch. Based on the user feedback, Microsoft is delivering constant improvements to the new Bing preview.
Today, Microsoft shared some new stats regarding the new Bing, check it out below.
- Thanks to the million+ new Bing preview users, Microsoft has crossed 100M Daily Active Users of Bing. This is a notable number, and yet almost 10x less than Google.
- Of the millions of active users of the new Bing preview, roughly one third are new to Bing.
- Bing engagement is growing as more people are conducting more searches daily.
- Roughly one third of daily preview users are using Chat daily with average, roughly three chats per session with more than 45 million total chats since the preview began.
- 15 percent of Chat sessions are people using Bing to generate new content.
- A 6X increase in the daily active users of Bing mobile app from pre-launch levels.
It’s been an amazing 30 days and the team is energized to continue to iterate and improve Bing and Edge to deliver the next generation of search and what we hope becomes your trusted copilot for the web.
– Yusuf Mehdi, Microsoft VP.
The new Bing is available now in a limited preview on desktop. You can try sample queries and sign up for the waitlist to get full access. If you are on waitlist, you can get ahead in the line to access the new Bing faster by following the steps mentioned here.