Microsoft today announced Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot, an AI-powered assistance for business applications ranging from sales, service, and marketing to supply chain. Microsoft claims that this is the world’s first AI copilot natively built-in to both CRM and ERP applications. For now, Copilot features are now available in preview across Dynamics 365 applications and Microsoft Viva Sales. You can read about the new AI capabilities below.
- Copilot in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales and Viva Sales helps sellers dramatically reduce the time they spend on clerical tasks. AI helps write email responses to customers and can even create an email summary of a Teams meeting in Outlook. The meeting summary pulls in details from the seller’s CRM such as product and pricing information, as well as insights from the recorded Teams call.
- Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Service empowers agents to deliver exceptional customer care. Dynamics 365 Copilot drafts contextual answers to queries in both chat and email, in addition to providing an interactive chat experience over knowledge bases and case history so this AI-powered expertise is always available to answer questions. We’re also making it easier for customer service departments to build virtual agents in minutes with conversation boosters in Power Virtual Agents, which harnesses the power of Azure OpenAI Service and Bing to provide answers from company websites and internal knowledge bases that you choose.
- Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Insights and Dynamics 365 Marketing empowers marketers to simplify their workflow in data exploration, audience segmentation and content creation.
- With Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Insights, marketers can curate highly personalized and targeted customer segments by having a dialogue with their customer data platform using natural language. Marketers can receive suggestions about additional segments that may not have been previously considered. This new capability can handle complex calculations and match customers that fit a select profile.
- Using Copilot in Dynamics 365 Marketing, marketers can describe their customer segment in their own words to create a target segment with the query assist feature. Marketers can also use Dynamics 365 Copilot to effortlessly get inspiration for fresh email campaign content based on a simple request. Copilot makes suggestions based on key topics entered by the marketer, the organization’s existing marketing emails, as well as from a range of internet sources to increase the relevance of generated ideas.
- Copilot in Dynamics 365 Business Central streamlines the creation of product listings for online commerce. Product attributes such as color, material and size can be used to create compelling product descriptions for online storefronts in seconds. The descriptions can be further tailored by choosing tone of voice, format and length. Business Central customers using Shopify can seamlessly publish the products with descriptions to their Shopify store in just a few clicks.
- Lastly, Copilot in Microsoft Supply Chain Center, which Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management customers can access, will proactively flag external issues such as weather, financials and geography that may impact key supply chain processes. Predictive insights then surface impacted orders across materials, inventory, carrier, distribution network and more. Supply chain planners can then automatically draft an email generated by Dynamics 365 Copilot to alert impacted partners and mitigate potential disruptions before they happen.
Dynamics 365 Copilot will allow business professionals to easily create ideas and content faster, complete tedious tasks, and get insights based on data.