Microsoft yesterday release a new update for Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11 to all Windows Insider channels. This new update (2301.40000.4.0) brings massive improvements to improvements to framerate performance, improved camera experience, Android 13 security updates and more.
On Intel and AMD devices, you can expect 40%-50% improved framerate performance. On ARM devices, you can expect 10%-20% improved framerate performance.
What’s New in Windows Subsystem for Android:
- Improved audio input latency and reliability
- Improvements to camera experience (camera metadata now exposed to camera apps)
- Improvements to framerate performance: certain benchmarks have improved by 10%-20% on ARM and 40%-50% on x64
- Fixed zooming out in apps using touchpad or mouse
- Improvements to platform reliability
- Using latest Chromium WebView to version 108
- Synchronizing global microphone and camera privacy toggles between Windows and Android apps
- Android 13 security updates