Microsoft recently introduced an updated experience for Microsoft Teams Rooms on Windows. The updated experience includes new look and feel, updated interface for the view switcher menu, the ability to customize the Front Row view and more.
As part of the updated UI, Teams Rooms users can enjoy vivid new ambient screens and a refreshed calendar on consoles. On the calendar, users can scroll down to see the schedule for the entire day. Also, the updated buttons on the console allow users to quickly access the most used features. Find the details below.
- Meet: Start a new meeting from the room
- Call: Make a call to a phone number or add a person from directory
- Share: Share local HDMI content
- Join via ID: Enables this Teams Room to join a Teams meeting using the meeting ID, with Direct Guest Join interoperability functionality coming later this year
- More: Opens the overflow menu
Features on the new overflow menu include:
- Invite this room: Use the Room audio and video for a Teams meeting initiated on your companion device
- Accessibility: Enable accessibility features
- Report a problem: Report a problem to your IT admin
- Restart device: Restart the device functionality
- Settings: Access settings
This updated Microsoft Teams Rooms on Windows will be generally available by the end of this quarter, in Microsoft Teams Rooms on Windows app v4.16.