At CES 2023, Lenovo today announced two new interesting ThinkBooks. One is a new model in the ThinkBook Plus series and another one is the ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 with the new Lenovo Magic Bay modular accessory design. Find the details below.
ThinkBook Plus Twist:
ThinkBook Plus Twist comes with a unique twist hinge that will allow users to easily switch between regular 400nit 2.8K OLED display and the 12-inch e-ink display.
- Latest 13th Gen Intel Core processors
- New narrow-bezel 13.3-inch 2.8K OLED display with touch glass and twist hinge
- New front-lit colorful 12-inch e-Ink display on top cover with improved 12Hz refresh rate and touch glass
- Intel Wi-Fi 6E improves wireless connectivity performance and stability on supported networks
- Full size pen support on OLED and e-Ink displays with up to 18 months battery life
ThinkBook 16p Gen 4:
ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 is a traditional laptop that comes with the latest 13th gen Intel Core H-series processors with optional discrete graphics up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060, display options up to a 165hz 3.2K 16-inch panel with Dolby Vision support, DDR5 RAM and dual SSD support with up to 2TB of storage. This laptop comes with a 80Whr battery with fast charging capability, FHD camera and four Harman Kardon user-facing speakers, and dual noise cancelling microphones.
The main highlight of the ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 is the presence of Lenovo Magic Bay connector. The magnetic pogo pin connector that sits at the top of the display, which is designed to fit modular Lenovo Magic Bay accessories.
Three new Lenovo Magic Bay accessories are easy to use with their pogo pin connection that offer simple extendibility without the need for extra cables, dongles, or power packs.
Lenovo announced three Magic Bay accessories:
Lenovo Magic Bay 4K Webcam includes auto focus and auto framing with a selectable field of view, auto ambient light adjustment, and a maximum resolution of up to 4K at 30fps. For added security, the camera features an integrated electronic privacy shutter. The 270-degree hinge enables the webcam to rotate through various angles giving users additional flexibility.
Lenovo Magic Bay Light can deliver up to 200-lux of adjustable brightness with minimal power consumption. Easily connected to the ThinkBook 16p Gen 4, the light will auto power on when the built-in camera is activated meaning professional looking videos are possible virtually anywhere.
Lenovo Magic Bay LTE is designed to address many of those connectivity challenges. Offering 4G LTE speeds for greater flexibility on the move, the Lenovo Magic Bay LTE includes an LED indicator for connection status and a USB Type-C port with cable for compatibility with other laptops.
Lenovo also announced ThinkBook Wireless Dock for ThinkBook 13x Gen 2 that uses Wi-Fi 6, Power-by-Contact, and universal wireless charging to solve multi cable frustrations.
U.S. Pricing and Availability:
- ThinkBook Plus Twist will start at $1649 is expected to be available starting June 2023.
- ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 will start at $1349 is expected to be available starting May 2023.
- Lenovo Magic Bay accessories will be available exclusively with ThinkBook 16p Gen 4. Please contact local teams for accurate bundle pricing options.
- ThinkBook Wireless Dock for ThinkBook 13x Gen 2 will be available in select markets as a bundle configuration.