At CES 2023, Intel today announced the new 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processors with improved performance, support for Visual Processing Unit for AI workloads, support for Intel Bluetooth LE Audio and more. This lineup includes the new Intel Core i9-13980HX, the first 24-core processor for a laptop and Intel claims it to be the world’s fastest mobile processor.
13th Gen Intel Core H-series Processors:
When it comes to performance, the 13th Gen Intel Core H-series processors for laptops will deliver up to 11% faster single-thread performance and 49% improved multitasking performance over the previous generation. This new gen mobile processors also support up to 128GB RAM total for DDR5 (up to 5,600 megahertz) and DDR4 (up to 3,200 MHz). Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) will deliver improved wireless network performance.
For faster and more power efficient Bluetooth connectivity, the 13th Gen Core mobile processors support Intel Bluetooth LE Audio and Bluetooth 5.2. Thunderbolt 4 support will deliver speeds up to 40 gigabits per second (Gbps).
13th Gen Intel Core P-series and U-series Processors:
- Up to 14 cores (6 Performance-cores, 8 Efficient-cores) and enhanced Intel Thread Director.
- New Intel Iris Xe Graphics features including endurance gaming, XeSS Super Sampling and Intel Arc Control.
- Broad memory support for DDR5 and DDR4 and LP variants.
- Integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) and new wireless features like Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite, Intel Wi-Fi Proximity Sensing and Intel® Bluetooth LE Audio.
- Up to four Thunderbolt 4 ports for the fastest, simplest and most reliable cable solution to any dock, display or accessory.
For the first time, select designs based on 13th Gen Intel Core processors will feature the Intel Movidius vision processing unit (VPU) that supports Windows Studio Effects.
More than 300 laptops based on 13th Gen Intel Core processors are expected this year from Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, MSI, Razer, Republic of Gamers, Samsung and others.