Lenovo today announced the updated ThinkPad X1 lineup which includes ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11, ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 8, and ThinkPad X1 Nano Gen 3. These new devices are powered by the latest Intel processors for improved performance, and they come with some near AI features to improve your overall device experience.
Lenovo has also invested heavily in sustainability. These laptops feature recycled materials in select components:
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11 includes 90% recycled magnesium in the palm rest and 55% recycled aluminum on its bottom cover
- ThinkPad X1 Nano Gen 3 features 90% recycled magnesium hybrid in the palm rest and bottom cover
- Furthermore, the retail packaging is made from 100% bamboo and sugarcane fiber, brown box packaging is made from plastic-free packaging with 90% recycled and/or FSC certified content, and the new ThinkPad X1’s include Post Consumer Content (PCC) plastic in select components2.
- All ThinkPad laptops also qualify for Lenovo’s CO2 Offset Service.
Other highlights of these laptops include up to 64GB LPDDR5 RAM, up to 2TB Gen 4 PCIe NVMe SSD, up to 4K OLED display and Dolby Atmos audio. Find the full specs below.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 2023 tech specs:
|ThinkPad X1 Carbon 11th Gen||ThinkPad X1 Yoga 8th Gen||ThinkPad X1 Nano 3rd Gen|
|Performance||Processors||Latest Intel Core processors|
|Memory||Up to 64GB LPDDR5 / 16GB LPDDR5 on X1 Nano|
|Storage||Up to 2TB Gen 4 PCIe NVMe SSD / Up to 1TB Gen 4 PCIe SSD on X1 Nano|
|Graphics Options||Intel Iris® Xe Graphics|
|Display||14-inch Narrow Bezel, up to 2.8K OLED, 400nit, HDR500 True Black||14-inch Narrow Bezel, up to WQUXGA 4K OLED, 500nit, AOFT Touch option||13-inch Narrow Bezel, up to 2K, 450nit, AOFT Touch option|
|Audio||Dolby Atmos audio with Dolby Voice and quad-array 360-degree Microphones|
|Camera||Up to FHD+IR MIPI Computer Vision camera with shutter|
|Battery||57 Whr||49.6 Whr|
|Physical||Match-on-Chip Power-on Fingerprint Reader|
Kensington™ lock slot
Tile App Ready
|Connectivity||Ports||2 x Thunderbolt 4|
|2 x USB-A 3.2|
|1 x HDMI 2.0b|
|1 x 3.5mm audio jack|
|Wireless||WLAN Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 AX (2×2)|
|5G sub-6 (CAT20), 4G LTE (CAT16), 4G LTE (CAT4) for PRC|
eSIM and Nano SIM ready / No WWAN on X1 Nano
(W x D x H)
|315.6 x 222.5 x 15.36mm|
12.42 x 8.76 x 0.60in
|314.4 x 222.3 x 15.53mm|
12.38 x 8.75 x 0.61in
|From 293.2 x 208 x 14.47mm|
11.5 x 8.19 x 0.58in
Pricing and availability:
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11 will be available starting April 2023. Prices are expected to start from $1729.
- ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 8 will be available starting April 2023. Prices are expected to start from $1859.
- ThinkPad X1 Nano Gen 3 will be available starting April 2023. Prices are expected to start from $1649.