Microsoft Teams offers a cool automation feature called Workflows.
The feature lets you download automation templates from the Microsoft Teams store and customise them to automatically perform actions when a condition is met.
When you choose a workflow, you set this up with different connections; for example, Microsoft Teams and OneNote, or use Approvals and one of the other M365 apps.
After setting up a workflow, you get a message from Power Automate in your chat that tells you the workflow is activated.
You can see all the Workflows you have activated from the chat window by clicking on the dots after your message.
Workflows lets you:
- Work the way you like
- Make decisions faster
- Empower you to do more
Examples of useful workflow templates include:
- Follow up on a message – notification: When someone sends you a chat, you can set up a follow up. You get an activity notification when it is time to follow up.
- Follow up on a message – To do: This for example lets you create a ToDo from a chat message easily.
- Follow up on a chat – meeting: When you get chats but you want to discuss it in a meeting, you can directly make a Teams Meeting. You don’t have to go back to your calendar and find the detail from the chat in Teams.
- Want to reply later, use Scheduled Send or the Reply-to-Later template: This Scheduled Send feature is available in Public Preview. If you don’t have this feature yet, you can use the reply-to-later template in your workflow.
- Store my chat for later: When colleagues send chats that you want to see and discuss later you can collect them in OneNote.
You can try our Workflows via the Microsoft Teams App Store, as seen in the screenshot above.