Microsoft yesterday released a new update for Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11 to the Windows Insider Dev and Beta Channels. This Windows Subsystem for Android update (2209.40000.26.0) includes improvements for security, camera, general reliability, and performance. If you are running Windows Subsystem for Android on devices with more than 8 cores, you can experience improved performance.
You can find the full change log below.
- Improvements to the Camera HAL
- Improvements to clipboard stability
- Improvements to multi-threaded (>8 core) performance
- Improved security for graphic streaming
- Reliability improvements for package launches
- Security updates for ANGLE and GSK
- Annotated telemetry with package installation sources
- Window with legal information has been fixed
- Security updates to the Linux kernel
- Enhancements to platform stability
- Updated to Chromium WebView 105
Microsoft recently revealed that it has plans to bring Android 13 to Windows Subsystem for Android. Also, Microsoft has plans to bring support for File Transfer, Shortcuts, Picture-in-Picture, and local network access. You can read more about it here.