Microsoft today announced the release of Microsoft releases Windows 11 Insider Build 25227 to Dev Channel Insiders.
This new Insider build comes with minor improvements including improved deadline calculation for both quality and feature updates, different positions of the header with new icons for the Widgets board, ability to contribute your voice clips to Microsoft again even if on-device speech recognition is used, ability to sync voice typing settings and more. Find the full details below.
- We are trying out a small change to the Start menu where some Insiders will see badging on their user profile notifying them that certain actions need to be taken.
- We’re trying out some different positions of the header with new icons for the Widgets board to learn how to best optimize the Widgets board for our users. By using monoline icons, our goal is to bring consistent, clean, and accessible icons to communicate action and features with simple visuals for users.
- The change to support the use of clipboard history (WIN + V) on password fields that began rolling out with Build 25206 is now available to all Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- We made a change to allow you to contribute your voice clips to Microsoft again even if on-device speech recognition is used.
- We are rolling out a change to sync voice typing settings, Automatic punctuation and Voice typing launcher, across all devices signed in using the same Microsoft account. You can toggle this feature via Settings > Accounts > Windows backup > Remember my preferences > Accessibility. This currently only works with Microsoft accounts today with AAD support coming later.
- A new dialog will warn users of potential data loss if they elect to change the partition style of their storage drive under System > Storage > Disks & Volumes > Disk Properties.
- We’ve updated the ethernet and Wi-Fi property pages in Settings to now show gateway information in the network details summary.
Microsoft also announced the roll out of new Microsoft Store update that offers a new way of interaction to preview trailers of your favorite games and movies.