Microsoft has announced the Public Preview release of the Windows 365 Cloud PC app.
The app combines the power and security of the cloud with the familiarity of the PC. Use your Windows 365 Cloud PC to stream your personal apps, content, and settings from the Microsoft Cloud to any device. Windows 365 lets you pick up where you left off, providing new opportunities for work and collaboration.
The Windows 365 app provides a seamless end-user experience that feels immersive with Windows. It reduces friction for IT administrators who can enable employees with a single sign-on experience from client to Cloud PCs.
Window 365 offers a range of options for storage, memory, and processing power. Every configuration includes built-in tools to help you manage your Cloud PC.
The Windows 365 app is supported by all Windows 11 editions (except Windows 11 IoT), providing a direct path to your Cloud PC from the taskbar or start menu.
The Windows 365 app offers key value-adds, including:
- Use of a Cloud PC as a window or full screen
- High-performing, reliable experiences for Microsoft Teams, multimedia redirection, and other Microsoft 365 apps
- User actions to Restart, Reset, Restore, Rename, and Troubleshoot Cloud PCs available directly from Windows
- A direct single sign-on experience
- Support for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and Microsoft Authenticator for secure access to Cloud PCs
- Accessibility using screen reader and keyboard shortcuts
- Regular and automatic app updates to ensure employees are using the most up-to-date version of Windows 365
How to get the Windows 365 app
The Windows 365 app is available via the Microsoft Store on Windows. The Microsoft Store will ensure that the Windows 365 app remains up to date, eliminating the need for the IT admin to maintaining the application. To get the Windows 365 app:
- Go to Microsoft Store for Windows.
- Search for the Windows 365 app.
- Select Get to install the Windows 365 app.
- Select Open.
You can also download the Windows 365 app directly from windows365.microsoft.com.
Soon, the Windows 365 app will ship as part of Windows 11, so it will be pre-installed without any need to download from the Microsoft Store or windows365.microsoft.com!
Provide feedback through the Feedback Hub
Microsoft would like to learn as much as possible about the end user experiences using the Windows 365 app during the public preview. You can provide feedback through the Feedback Hub, which is accessible from the Windows 365 app.