At its Fall event, Microsoft today announced the Surface Pro 9 device with 12th Gen Intel Core processors for improved performance. Surface Pro 9 will be available in the following CPU variants:
- 12th Gen Intel Core i5-1235U processor
- 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1255U processor
- Options with storage up to 1TB, and above built on the Intel Evo platform.
- RAM options: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB (LPDDR5RAM)
- 12th Gen Intel Core i5-1245U processor
- 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1265U processor
- Options with storage up to 1TB and above built on the Intel Evo platform.
- RAM options: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB(LPDDR5RAM)
Surface Pro 9 will feature a 13-inch PixelSense Flow Display with a 2880 X 1920 (267 PPI) resolution, support for refresh rate up to 120Hz (Dynamic refresh rate supported), 10-point multi-touch and Dolby Vision IQ support. The display is protected by Gorilla Glass 5 for more durability.
When it comes to wireless connectivity, Surface Pro 9 will support Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax) and Bluetooth Wireless 5.1. Surface Pro 9 will also feature Windows Hello face authentication camera with 1080p on the front and 10.0MP rear-facing autofocus camera with 1080p HD and 4k video. The dual far-field Studio Mics and 2W stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos and Voice Clarity will deliver great audio experience on this device. Also, there are two Thunderbolt 4 USB-C 4.0 ports.
All the above specs are packed in an anodized aluminum body that includes a kickstand with full-friction multi-position hinge to 165 degrees.
Apart from the existing Platinum and Graphite colors, Surface Pro 9 will be available in new Sapphire and Forest colors, made with partially biobased Alcantara material containing at least 12% renewable content that is derived from sugarcane waste.
Surface Pro 9 gives you the tablet flexibility you want and the laptop performance and battery life you need to move through your day —all in one ultra-portable device.