Microsoft today announced that it is expanding the availability of the new Outlook for Windows to Current Channel (Preview) Insiders. This new Outlook for Windows app is based on web technologies and doesn’t offer all the features that are already available on the current native Outlook for Windows app. However, based on the feedback from customers, Microsoft is adding them one by one.
For example, the new Outlook for Windows now allows you to add your personal Outlook.com, Hotmail, or Windows Live email accounts. The Quick Steps feature shows personalized triage actions that you can use repeatedly to keep your inbox clean and organized, and newsletters or important files in easy reach. There is a new pared-down Ribbon options give a sleeker look and feel. Finally, you can now adjust the width of columns in your calendar,
The new Outlook for Windows comes with the following brand-new features:
- Microsoft Loop to keep your team synced across Microsoft 365 apps
- Using @ mention to find and attach documents
- Intelligent assistance automatic reminders
- Drag and drop emails to your To Do with My Day
- The new Outlook calendar board view
- Pinning important emails
- Sweep to keep your Outlook inbox tidy
- Shared mailboxes and folders for easy collaboration
Microsoft has plans to add the following features in the coming months.
- Support for multiple email accounts within the same app. In the future you will be able to access multiple email inboxes and calendars (including both work and personal) in the same Outlook experience, just as you can today in Outlook mobile.
- Support for third-party email accounts in Outlook for Windows, including Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, and more.
- Numerous visual updates and personalization options so you can create your preferred email experience.
- Offline support so you can get things done and access content even when not connected to the Internet.
- Search folders for quick and easy access to all your emails.
- Support for web add-ins to enrich emails and calendar events with third-party apps and services like Salesforce and Zoom.
- Native ICS file type support designed to help you easily view and manage calendar events so you never miss an important event.
These new features are rolling out to Office Insiders running Beta Channel or Current Channel (Preview) Version 2209 (Build 15629.20058) or later of Outlook for Windows.