At the Intel Innovation event today, Intel launched the 13th Gen Intel Core processor family. The 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K is the flagship processor in the lineup and Intel claims that it will be the world’s fastest desktop processor. The new 13th Gen Intel Core family is available with up to 24 cores and 32 threads and clock speeds up to 5.8 GHz.
The 13th Gen Intel Core processors are built on Intel 7 process and x86 performance hybrid architecture delivering up to 15% better single-threaded performance and up to 41% better multi-threaded performance.
13th Gen Intel Core desktop processors will have several new features including the following:
- Intel Adaptive Boost Technology and Thermal Velocity Boost opportunistically boosts processor clock frequencies based on power and thermal headroom during a given workload. Available in Intel Core i9 unlocked SKUs.
- More E-cores across Intel Core i5, i7, i9 power a big leap in multi-threaded performance and better multi-tasking/mega-tasking experience for users.
- PCIe Gen 5.0 support, with as many as 16 lanes off the processor.
- Increased memory support to DDR5-5600 and DDR5-5200, while maintaining DDR4 compatibility.
- Up to 2x the L2 cache and increased L3 cache.
13th Gen Intel Core desktop “K” processors and the Intel Z790 chipset will be available from Oct. 20, 2022. Intel also announced Unison, a new software solution that offers connectivity between Android and iOS smartphones and Windows PCs. You can read about it here.