Microsoft today released Skype Insider build 8.89 with several new improvements across platforms. Apart from stability improvements and bug fixes, this new Skype update brings image preview in notifications on iOS, clickable profile pictures across platforms, UI improvements to the floating mode and more. Find the full change log below.
- Preview an image received in notifications on iOS. By tapping and holding the Skype notification banner, you can preview an image received, in addition to selecting the Thumbs Up or Reply option.
- Clickable profile picture on all Platforms. This enables quicker profile updates.
- ‘Connect on Skype’ section on the first click search experience on all Platforms. ‘Find contacts easily‘, ‘Scan QR code‘ and ‘Invite to Skype‘ are visible when you first click on Search, as a way for users to easily connect with others.
- ‘What’s new in Skype’ and ‘Easy meetings with anyone’ quick actions on the start page Home Screen on all Desktops and Web. This is seen on App restarts and fresh installs. Improvements to the ‘Share profile’ button on this page, as well.
- Custom avatar addition improvements, while hosting a new meeting on Mobile and Web.
- UI Improvements to the floating mode when Closed Captions are enabled during a call on all Platforms. A Settings panel added to all views (bottom, left, floating). Available settings: language and captioning position mode.
You can update to Skype v220.127.116.11 to enjoy these new features.