Bose, the brand that invented noise cancelling headphones, announced its next generation of truly wireless noise cancelling earbuds — the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II. The Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II features several cutting-edge technologies to deliver world’s best noise cancellation from any headphone.
The QuietComfort Earbuds II have an all-new design which is 33% smaller than its predecessor and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce. For better fit and performance, Bose has included an eartip Fit Kit featuring a new two-piece system with interchangeable stability bands and eartips.
CustomTune is a brand-new sound calibration technology that is included in the QuietComfort Earbuds II. When you remove an earbud from the case, a proprietary tone is played, and a microphone inside the earbud measures your ear canal’s acoustic response. This data is then used to precisely tailor both audio and noise cancellation performance. All this happens within less than half a second.
- For audio, CustomTune fully optimizes the sound frequency profile to the unique properties of every ear, so the sound that reaches the eardrum is just as the artist intended — lifelike, balanced audio with nuance, clarity, and depth.
- For more powerful noise cancellation, CustomTune also calibrates the noise reduction signal to your ears, enabling a significant performance improvement.
- The intelligent personalization provided by CustomTune also enhances Aware Mode with ActiveSense. In Aware Mode, it delivers improved transparency allowing your surroundings to pass through the earbuds sounding as natural and lifelike as possible.
The QC Earbuds II comes with four microphones in each bud — one on the inside and three on the outside.
New Eartip Fit Kit:
- The QC Earbuds II separate the traditional single-piece eartip into a two-piece system: a stability band which hugs the contour of your ear, and an umbrella-shaped silicone eartip to create a firm seal at your ear’s opening.
- A Bose Fit Kit included with the QC Earbuds II supplies three sizes of eartips and three sizes of stability bands — allowing for up to nine customization options for each bud.
- A Fit Test available in the Bose Music app checks for an accurate seal by using the same tone employed by the CustomTune sound calibration to check for leaking sound, so the QC Earbuds II can deliver the best personalized audio and noise cancellation performance.
The new Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II feature improved voice pickup enabled by an updated noise removal algorithm and include Bluetooth 5.3 capability and have an IPX4 rating for sweat and water resistance.
They offer up to six hours of battery life with three additional charges provided by the case. The case can fully charge the buds in one hour, while a quick 20-minute charge provides up to two hours of playback. The case itself fully recharges in three hours via USB-C.
The intuitive capacitive touch controls on both the left and right earbuds that provide access to common commands such as play and pause content, volume control, skip track, and answer and end calls.
The Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II will be available on September 15th for $299.