Microsoft today announced the release of PowerToys v0.62.0 update. This update comes with three new utilities: Screen Ruler, Text Extractor and Quick Accent utilities. Read about them below.
Screen Ruler: Screen ruler allows you to quickly measure pixels on your screen based on image edge detection. Just press Win+Shift+T to activate.
Text Extractor: Text Extractor is a convenient way to copy text from anywhere on your screen.
Quick Accent: Quick Accent is an alternative way to type accented characters, useful for when a keyboard doesn’t support that specific accent with a quick key combo.
Find the full change log of this update below:
- Added a new utility: Screen Ruler.
- Added a new utility: Quick Accent.
- Added a new utility: Text Extractor.
- Upgraded the Windows App SDK runtimes to 1.1.4.
Always on Top
- Fixed a bug causing the border to linger when closing an Outlook popup window.
- Fixed the HSB color format to correctly track HSV instead of HSL.
- Fixed an issue where the zoom factor wasn’t reset when reopening the zoom window.
- Removed the button to open Settings from the FancyZones Editor, as it was opening behind the overlay.
- Changed the Highlight distance control to a slider in the FancyZones Editor, to address accessibility issues with screen readers.
- Fixed an issue where the FancyZones Editor would duplicate or edit the wrong layout.
- Fixed an issue that caused canvas layout width/height to be changed without even opening the layout in FancyZones Editor.
File explorer add-ons
- Quality of life improvements to Developer Files preview, including a progress bar while loading, performance improvements, an improved dark mode, and logs. Thanks @Aaron-Junker!
- Fixed possible WebView related vulnerabilities in the SVG and Markdown handlers.
- Fixed some race conditions in Developer Files preview causing the loading bar to hang.
- Added localization support to the Developer Files preview messages.
- It’s now possible to configure default color for Stl Thumbnails. Thanks @pedrolamas!
- Added an option to format JSON and XML files before rendering. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Fixed an issue that was generating a silent crash when the context menu was triggered when not selecting any file or folder. (This was a hotfix for 0.61)
- Improved performance when loading a big number of files.
- Fixed a specific case in which PowerRename tried to rename a file to an empty string.
- The UI now shows when a file can’t be renamed due to its name being too long or containing invalid characters.
- Added a fix to the VSCodeWorkspaces plugin to better support portable installations.
- The Folder plugin now expands
- Fixed a case where a previous result was being activated when searching for new results. Added a setting to better control input throttling.
- Added support for port numbers in the URI plugin.
- Fixed query errors when the search delay option was turned off.
- New History plugin to search for old search results.
- Changed the default TimeDate activation keyword to
), as queries starting by
(are expected as Calculator global queries, and added information in Settings so users know that some activation keywords may conflict with normal usage of some plugins when trying to do a global query.
- The Unit Converter plugin updated its UnitsNet dependency and now supports plural units.
- Improved the validation logic in the Calculator plugin.
- Improved: Clean up old install folders and logs at startup.
- Image and phrasing adjustments.
- Icon and image updates for the new utilities.
- Fixed the Narrator shortcut to include the newly added Control key.