Today Microsoft is shipping an update for Windows Subsystem for Android™ on Windows 11 to all Windows Insider channels (U.S. and Japan only). This update (version 2207.40000.8.0) will improve general input issues, networking, windowing, security and reliability including several updates to the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app.
- New compatibility shim to allow apps to maintain aspect ratio but still support resize
- Accessibility improvements to the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app
- New compatibility shims in the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app
- Fixed problems with restarting apps
- Apps that update toast notifications instead of using progress toasts have better behavior
- Game controls user education dialog for apps with compatibility shims enabled
- Improvements with handling VPN
- Scrollbar fix for Windows Subsystem for Android Settings compatibility page
- User crash data and system app crash data is now being reported
- “No internet available” toast notification is now suppressed
- Custom Android toasts now render correctly
- Amazon Appstore 60.09 update
- Android security update
- Improved reliability
Windows 11 Insiders in USA and Japan can install the update by Checking for Updates in Settings.