Today at their Xiaomi launch event the company announced the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, their answer to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold.
The device is super-slim for a foldable, at only 5.4mm unfolded and 11.2mm folded, and features a camera system designed by Leica. It has an expansive 8.02 inch internal screen and large 6.56 inch external screen, and features a micro-water-drop hinge with recessed centre structure. It is powered by the Snapdragon® 8+ Gen 1 processor.
See the full specs below:
- 6.56″ outer display 21:9 aspect ratio
- Leading foldable display technology for ultimate slimness
- 120Hz E5 AMOLED
- 5.4mm unfolded slimness 11.2mm folded slimness
- 1000 nits HBM Dual ambient light sensor Dolby Vision
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus®
- 8.02″ inner display 2K+ resolution
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Xiaomi-developed Micro Waterdrop Hinge
- Custom hinge mechanism
- Durable MIM alloy
- LTPO 2.0
- 1000 nits HBM Dual ambient light sensor Dalby Vision
- Weldless unibody technology Carbon fiber dual hinge plates
- Recessed center structure Compact layered design
- Flexible Ultra Thin Glass
- Dolby Vision HDR recording Leica filters
- 8K video recording
Camera and Sound
- Leica professional optical lens
- 50MP IMX766 main camera
- 13MP ultra wide
- 2x telephoto SMA actuator for OIS
- SOUND BY harman/kardon
- Snapdragon® 8+ Gen 1 with High performance cooling system
- 4500mAh battery
- 67W turbo charging
The device will be available in China with prices starting at CNY 8,999 ($1,340) for the 12/256GB model and CNY 11,999 ($1,780) for the 12GB RAM and 1TB model. Global availability has not been announced yet.
The device is available for pre-order now and sales will officially start on the 16th August 2022.