At its Galaxy Unpacked event, Samsung today announced its next generation flagship foldable device, Galaxy Z Fold4. The Galaxy Z Fold4 comes with the following improvements and changes when compared to its predecessor:
- 7.6-inch main display with aspect ratio of 21.6:18. The display features 2176X1812 resolution display with support for HDR10+ and 120Hz refresh rate.
- 6.2-inch outer display with 23.1:9 aspect ratio.
- Improved hinge and durability of main display. Can withstand 200,000 fold/unfold without damage.
- Improved multitasking
- Powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor and 12GB LPDDR5X RAM for improved performance and better battery life.
- Camera setup:
- 50MP main camera with OIS and f/1.8 aperture
- 12MP Ultra wide camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP Telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 4MP under display camera with f/1.8 aperture
- Battery: 4400mAh with fast charging up to 25W.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 highlights:
- First device to ship with Android 12L, a special version of Android created by Google for large-screen experiences, including foldables.
- The new Taskbar provides a layout similar to your PC, offering access to your favorite and recent apps. Also, you now have new swipe gestures. Instantly switch full-screen apps to pop-up windows or split your screen in half for more ways to multitask.
- Chrome and Gmail now support drag-and-drop, allowing users to quickly copy and paste links, photos and more from one app to another. Microsoft’s full Office suite and Outlook take advantage of the foldable display.
- Galaxy Z Fold4 comes with an upgraded 50MP wide lens and 30X Space Zoom lens. A variety of camera modes, including the larger Zoom map activated on Capture View Mode, Dual Preview and Rear Cam Selfie. With the larger pixel size, a 23 percent brighter sensor, and enhanced processing power, users can capture clear images even at night.
- 7.6-inch Main Screen with a brighter screen, a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate and a less visible Under Display Camera (UDC) featuring a new scatter-type sub-pixel arrangement.
- New Flex Mode Touchpad offers accuracy while pausing, rewinding and playing videos or zooming in and out of content while the device is in Flex mode.
- With a slimmer hinge, lighter weight and even narrower bezels, the wider screen enables easier one-handed interactions while using the Cover Screen.
- With Armor Aluminum frames and hinge cover along with exclusive Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ on the Cover Screen and rear glass, Z Fold4 is one of Samsung’s toughest foldables ever.
- Durability of the Main Screen panel is also enhanced thanks to the optimized layer structure, helping to reduce damage from external shock.
- Z Fold4 is equipped with IPX8 water resistance, so users can worry less if they get caught in the rain.
Pricing and Availability:
- The Galaxy Z Fold4 and Standing Cover with Pen case are offered in refined colors that include Graygreen, Beige and Phantom Black. Additionally, Galaxy Z Fold4 is available in Burgundy and additional storage capacity options up to one terabyte, exclusively on Samsung.com.
- The Galaxy Z Fold4 will be available for pre-order beginning August 10 with general availability starting August 26 in select countries.