Samsung today announced the One UI 5 beta program for Galaxy S22 series (Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+ and Galaxy S22 Ultra) in the United States, Germany and South Korea. This One UI 5 beta release comes with several new features like stackable widgets, improved sound and vibration settings, up to 16 preset color themes and more. Find the details below.
- Up to 16 new preset color themes based on the wallpaper and 12 more new color options for the home screens, icons and quick panels.
- Users can customize their home screens by stacking widgets of the same size on a single location.
- New Notifications controls make it easier for users to block notifications from certain apps, so they only see what is relevant to them.
- You can easily change sound and vibration settings with reorganized menus that provide easy access to all ringtone volumes and vibration intensities.
- You can now set preferred language for different apps. You can easily select which language will be used for each app in Settings.
- You can easily capture high-quality photos and video with a new icon in Pro and Pro Video mode that offers useful tips and tricks on how to use the various lenses, features and controls.
- A more responsive zoom bar enables quicker close-ups and makes it easier to zero in on the subject using only one hand.
- New dashboard will allow you to view the security status of your phone, shows whether there are security issues and recommends ways to fix them.
- The Magnifier feature enables users to better view and read on their devices, while different types of spoken assistance — such as audio descriptions of videos and speak keyboard input aloud — help users navigate and use devices more seamlessly.
Samsung will be expanding the One UI 5 beta program to more devices in other regions in the coming months.