Microsoft yesterday announced that it has started testing a new Xbox Game Pass offering in Colombia and Ireland. Instead of buying Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan for each member of your family, you can now buy the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate family plan which can be shared with 4 other people. Once shared, all members of your family can enjoy their own unique access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games, content, and benefits.
If you are from Colombia and Ireland, you can join the new plan by purchasing the “Xbox Game Pass – Insider Preview” Game Pass plan in the Microsoft Store.
Before making the purchase, please go through the following information shared by Microsoft.
- The people you share your membership with do not have to be Insiders but must reside in the same country as you. Enrollment is limited and will remain open while the offer is available.
- Joining the Game Pass – Insider Preview will convert the time remaining on your membership to time in the new plan, based upon the monetary value of the old membership. For example, a full month of Ultimate will be converted to 18 days of membership for this plan. This way you won’t lose any of the remaining value on your existing subscription upon conversion. Conversion is final, and users must wait for their new membership to expire before returning to a previous membership.
- Conversion is not available for invited group members. Before joining a group, a group member can cancel their existing subscription or wait for it to expire. If they do not have a Microsoft account, invited friends and family will have to create a new Microsoft account and sign in with it to participate.
- Members with Xbox All Access won’t be able to participate in this preview.
- In Colombia, parts of the copy for the preview have not been localized and might be displayed in English.
The upcoming Xbox Game Pass Ultimate family plan is expected to cost around $25 per month.