Microsoft today released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.450 and Build 22622.450 (KB5016700) to the Beta Channel.
The Beta Channel is the place where Microsoft preview experiences that are closer to what they will ship to regular Windows users, rather than the more experimental Dev rings.
In addition to the handful of fixes and improvements noted below, this update includes improvements to how Microsoft apply updates on top of each other as well.
- Build 22622.450 = New features rolling out.
- Build 22621.450 = New features off by default.
Fixes included for BOTH Build 22621.450 & Build 22622.450
This update includes the following improvements:
- New! Microsoft enhanced Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- New! Microsoft compressed a file regardless of its size if you have configured Server Message Block (SMB) Compression.
- New! Microsoft improved storage replication that occurs over low bandwidth or congested wide area networks (WAN).
- Microsoft fixed an issue that causes Windows to display tablet mode features for some devices that do not have touchscreens.
- Microsoft fixed an issue that causes some application windows to have blank sections in the Task View preview.
- Microsoft fixed an issue that occurs for some of you when you copy files from network drives. The error code is 0x80070026.
- Microsoft fixed a token leak issue in the LsapGetClientInfoEx
- Microsoft fixed an issue that, in certain cases, causes sihost.exe to use a high amount of the CPU.
- Microsoft fixed an issue that causes Microsoft Edge to stop responding when you use IE mode. This issue also prevents you from interacting with a dialogue.
- There is an issue in the recent Beta Channel updates that is causing the Photos app to crash, and a fix will be rolling out soon via a Photos app update via the Store.
- Microsoft is investigating reports that SQL Server Management Studio is failing to launch for some Insiders.
- [NEW] Microsoft is looking into reports that audio stopped working for some Insiders after upgrading to Build 22622.440.
- The left-half of the File Explorer title bar may not be draggable via mouse or touch.
- The up arrow is misaligned in File Explorer tabs. This will be fixed in a future update.
As a reminder, Insiders who landed in the group with new features turned off by default (Build 22621.xxxx) can check for updates and choose to install the update that will have features rolling out (Build 22622.xxx).