Last month, we reported that Microsoft is testing the new Outlook Lite app that will have most of the features of the regular Outlook app in a smaller app size with fast performance for low-end Android devices.
Today, Microsoft announced the general availability of Outlook Lite app in the following markets.
- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, India, Mexico, Peru, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, and Venezuela.
Microsoft will bring Outlook Lite app to other regions in the future. Also, Outlook Lite will only support Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365, Outlook, Hotmail, Live, and MSN accounts. Support for other account types will be available in future updates. Also, you can only add one email account. Support for multiple accounts will be available in future.
Here’s what Outlook Lite will offer:
- The Outlook you love – Outlook Lite has the core experience of Outlook including access to emails, calendar, contacts, and more
- Small – Outlook Lite app is about 5 MB in download size and uses extremely low storage on your phone
- Fast – Optimized to run fast on all Android devices including devices with 1GB RAM
- Low battery usage – Uses less phone resources, saving your battery
- All networks – Works well on all networks, including 2G and 3G networks worldwide
You can download the new Outlook Lite app here from Google Play Store.