Google is celebrating the 10 years of Google Play with a new logo. According to Google, the new logo better reflects the magic of Google and matches the branding shared by many of our helpful products — Search, Assistant, Photos, Gmail and more.
More than 2 million developers now work with Google Play. Also, more than 2.5 billion people in over 190 countries use Google Play every month to discover apps, games and digital content. Google also shared some of its favorite milestones and features from the last decade of Google Play.
- New ways to enjoy apps and games: Products and features like Google Play Pass and Google Play Instant introduced new ways to discover and experience apps and games.
- Gameplay on more devices: The beta of Google Play Games on PC in Hong Kong, South Korea and Taiwan — allows for easy gameplay across your Android phone, tablet, Chromebook and Windows PC.
- A celebration of your favorite apps and games: The annual Best Of Awards celebrate the top apps, games and other content on Google Play.
- A safe and trusted space: Google Play Protect now scans and verifies over 100 billion apps every day to help keep your device, data and apps safe.
- Help for developers of all sizes: Google invested in helping its developer community grow their businesses — including providing business and technical consulting and supporting small studios through efforts like our Indie Games programs.
- Support for nonprofits: You can make charitable donations through Google Play and even use your Play Points to support great causes, with 100% of your contributions going directly to nonprofits.
- Stronger representation in gaming: Google Play’s Change The Game initiative celebrates and empowers women as players and creators.
- Resources for parents: The Kids tab in Google Play helps parents easily find and pick teacher-approved apps, while Google Kids Space — a kids mode on select Android tablets — features apps, books and videos for your kids to explore.
- Investment in local economies: Partnering with our developer community has helped bring better apps and games to people around the world, created new jobs and supported local economies.