In general, Apple will not announce any discount for its latest gen products. Only when they announce a new generation of products, they officially reduce the price of previous generation products. In a surprise move, Apple is now offering discount for several current generation products in China.
From July 29 to August 1, Chinese buyers can purchase the following eligible products using selected payment methods to enjoy the discount mentioned below.
- iPhone 13 Pro Max or iPhone 13 Pro, save RMB600 (approx. $90).
- iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 mini, save RMB600 (approx. $90).
- iPhone SE (3rd generation) can save RMB 200.
- iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 mini, save RMB 500 (approx. $75).
- Apple Watch SE can save RMB 200.
- AirPods Pro can save RMB 250.
- AirPods (3rd generation) can save RMB 150.
Weakening consumer demand in China may be the reason behind this new discount program from Apple. Apple’s financial results for Q3 2022 will be published on July 28, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. ET. Analysts are expecting $82.92 billion revenue and $1.15 EPS.