Samsung today announced the new One UI Watch4.5 update that will soon be available for Galaxy Watches. The new One UI Watch4.5 brings fuller typing experience, dual sim support, new accessibility features, new watch faces and more.
One UI Watch4.5 now comes with the new full QWERTY keyboard with Swipe to type in addition to dictating and handwriting. Also, One UI Watch4.5 lets you easily switch inputs at any time.
With dual-SIM support on One UI Watch4.5, you can set a preferred SIM on your Galaxy smartphone and have it automatically synced on your Galaxy Watch. If the SIM setting is set to “Ask always” on the phone, you can choose the SIM to use from your Galaxy Watch.
You can customize your watch face in various styles by adding the watch face to the favorite list multiple times and customizing each instance with different colors and complication.
Finally, OneUI Watch4.5 supports the following accessibility features:
- Users who have a difficult time distinguishing colors will be able to adjust the display to their preferred hue and increase contrast to make fonts easier to read.
- Reduced transparency and blur effects as well as removal of animations.
- In addition, auditory assistance for those difficult of hearing allows users to balance the sound from the left and right audio output for their connected Bluetooth headset
- Those who need added support for touch inputs can extend the duration for screen tap interaction with Tap duration and can disable repeated touch inputs with Ignore repeated touches for better control.
- Users can adjust how long temporary functions, such as volume and notifications, stay on screen with Time to take action and can set the home button to toggle the most commonly used feature.