Microsoft has announced an update for Windows Subsystem for Android™ on Windows 11 to all Windows Insider channels (U.S. only). The update (version 2205.40000.14.0) includes several new updates as well as routine improvements to the platform and reliability.
Microsoft has introduced advanced networking, which enables app access to local network devices for ARM computers, allowing apps to take advantage of this functionality. Microsoft has also enabled IPv6 and VPN connectivity, enhancing the networking functionalities of the subsystem.
Settings App Update
Microsoft has updated the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app to now account for advanced networking. This means the IP address has been removed from the Developer section in the Settings app as the subsystem no longer has a different IP from your computer.
- Enabled Advanced Networking functionality, including app access to local network devices for ARM
- VM IP address removed from Settings app. With Advanced Networking, now the IP address of the VM is the same as the host/computer IP.
- Fixes for non-resizable app content on maximize or resizing
- Fixes for scrolling with mouse and trackpad in apps
- Android May Kernel patches
- Android windows marked secure can no longer be screenshotted
- Improve web browser launching
- Enable doze and app standby while charging for improved power saving
- ADB debug prompts redirected to Windows for improved security
- Updated to Chromium WebView 101
- Fixes for graphics including app flickering and graphics corruption
- Fixes for video playback
- AV1 Codec support
- Enabled IPv6 and VPN Connectivity
- Increased the performance and reliability connecting to virtual WIFI in the container
- Video playback apps can now prevent the screen from turning off in Windows
- Some VPNs may not work with Advanced Networking. If you use a VPN and find Android apps do not have network connectivity, please disable Advanced Networking in the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app.
Windows 11 Insiders in USA can download the update by Checking for Updates in Settings.