After testing the preview app for the past few months, Microsoft today announced the general availability of Microsoft Defender cross-device security app now available for individuals and families. This will allow individuals and families to protect their devices and stay safer online with malware protection, real-time security notifications, and security tips. Microsoft Defender for individuals is built on Microsoft Defender for Endpoint technology, a trusted security technology that enterprises rely on.
Microsoft Defender for individuals will be available for Microsoft 365 Personal and Family subscribers.
Microsoft Defender app is available on the following platforms:
- Windows: Windows 10 version 19041.0 or higher. Defender is not currently supported on ARM-based devices.
- Mac: Intel Macs from Catalina 10.15+ upwards, Apple silicon-based devices from 11.2.3+ upwards. Disk Space: 2 GB
- iPhone: Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Android: Requires Android OS 6.0 and up.
Microsoft Defender includes the features below.
A dashboard that allows you to:
- Monitor your online security status in a single, centralized view.
- See your and your family’s devices in one place.
- Add or remove devices.
Protection across your devices that:
- Provides malware protection.
- Continuously scans for new and existing threats.
- Gives you control over what is scanned by enabling you to identify apps and files that you consider safe.
Safety alerts and recommendations including:
- Real-time alerts about changes to your security status.
- Recommendations to help keep your data and devices secure.
- Tips that help improve your overall security
You can learn more about Microsoft Defender for Individuals here.