Apple today announced M2, the 2nd gen Apple Silicon. Apple M2 is focused on power efficient performance. It is built using 2nd gen 5nm manufacturing technology with 20B transistors.
Apple M2 processor features:
- 24Gb unified memory
- 8-core CPU, 4 high performance and 4 low performance cores.
- 10-core GPU
- 100GB/s memory bandwidth
- 40% improved Neural engine performance
- 18% improved CPU performance compared to M1.
- 1.9x improved CPU performance when compared to Intel’s 10-core CPU. .
- Thirty-five percent improved GPU performance compared to M1.
- 2.3x improved GPU performance when compared to Intel’s integrated graphics.