Microsoft today announced Meet Microsoft Entra, a new product family that encompasses all of Microsoft’s identity and access capabilities. Microsoft Entra will offer identity and access management, cloud infrastructure entitlement management, and identity verification. Microsoft Entra family includes the following:
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) offers multicloud identity and access management solution with integrated security.
- Microsoft Entra Permissions Management (Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management / CIEM) offers one unified model to manage permissions of any identity across any cloud. Microsoft Entra Permissions Management will be generally available this July 2022 as a standalone offering. This will be also integrated within the Microsoft Defender for Cloud dashboard, extending Defender for Cloud’s protection with CIEM.
- Microsoft Entra Verified ID (decentralized identity) enables more secure interactions while respecting privacy. Microsoft Entra Verified ID will be generally available in early August 2022.
Verified ID implements the industry standards that make portable, self-owned identity possible. Verified ID allows individuals and organizations to decide what information they share, when they share it, with whom they share it, and—
when necessary— take it back.
According to Microsoft, the new Microsoft Entra product family will:
- Protect access to any app or resource for any user.
- Secure and verify every identity across hybrid and multicloud environments.
- Discover and govern permissions in multicloud environments.
- Simplify the user experience with real-time intelligent access decisions.
You can learn more about Microsoft Entra here.