Qualcomm today announced the new Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 mobile platform with modest improvements over the current flagship mobile platform. Compared to the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, this new Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 will deliver 10% improved CPU and GPU performance with up to 30% improvement in power efficiency.
Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 devices will be able to capture in the premium HDR10+ format. Also, the 7th Gen Qualcomm AI Engine will deliver up to 20% better performance per Watt. The Snapdragon X65 Modem-RF System will deliver speed and efficiency and the Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 will enable great Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
Android OEMs including ASUS ROG, Black Shark, HONOR, iQOO, Lenovo, Motorola, Nubia, OnePlus, OPPO, OSOM, realme, RedMagic, Redmi, vivo, Xiaomi, and ZTE will be launching devices based on this new platform in Q3 2022.
Qualcomm today also announced the new Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 mobile platform with new improvements including the below:
- The improved Adreno GPU delivers more than 20% faster graphics rendering.
- Supports an immersive Quad HD+ Display and amplified audio featuring anti-howling for multi-player gaming.
- Qualcomm Spectra triple ISP so users can shoot simultaneously from three cameras or take photos at an astounding 200MP.
- Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 also features up to 30% improved AI performance.
- A dedicated Trust Management Engine and Android Ready SE.
- Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 features the 4th gen Snapdragon X62 5G Modem-RF System and includes FastConnect 6900 which delivers superior Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.