Apple today announced several new innovative software features that will help users with disabilities to get the most out of Apple products.
Door Detection is a navigation feature available in a new Detection Mode within Magnifier. This feature can help users locate a door in a new destination, know how far they are from it, and about door attributes including open or closed. Door Detection will be available on iPhone and iPad models with the LiDAR Scanner.
Physical and Motor Accessibility for Apple Watch:
The new Apple Watch Mirroring feature will allow users to control Apple Watch remotely from their paired iPhone. Users can use inputs including voice commands, sound actions, head tracking, or external Made for iPhone switches to tap the Apple Watch display. Apple Watch Mirroring is built on AirPlay.
The new Quick Actions feature on Apple Watch allows you to use double-pinch gesture to answer or end a phone call, dismiss a notification, take a photo, play or pause media in the Now Playing app, and start, pause, or resume a workout.
With Live Captions on iPhone, iPad, and Mac, users can follow along with any audio content. Users can also adjust font size for ease of reading.
Expanded VoiceOver support:
VoiceOver now supports more than 20 additional locales and languages, including Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Other new features and improvements:
- With Buddy Controller, users can ask a care provider or friend to help them play a game; Buddy Controller combines any two game controllers into one, so multiple controllers can drive the input for a single player.
- With Siri Pause Time, users with speech disabilities can adjust how long Siri waits before responding to a request.
- Voice Control Spelling Mode gives users the option to dictate custom spellings using letter-by-letter input.5
- Sound Recognition can be customized to recognize sounds that are specific to a person’s environment, like their home’s unique alarm, doorbell, or appliances.
- The Apple Books app will offer new themes, and introduce customization options such as bolding text and adjusting line, character, and word spacing for an even more accessible reading experience.
You can read about these features in detail from the source link below.