Microsoft has introduced a new feature called controller bar in the latest Windows 11 Insider build. Controller bar is a new view of Xbox Game Bar that offers easy, controller-friendly access to recently played games.
When you pair or connect a controller to your Windows 11 PC, the controller bar opens. When you are already in the game, you can press the Xbox button in the controller to invoke the controller bar.
Here’s how you can try out the new controller bar in Windows 11:
- Install the latest Windows 11 Insider Preview Build (Build 225xx) from the Dev and Beta Channels.
- Download the Xbox Insider Hub from the Microsoft Store.
- Open the Xbox Insider Hub and sign-in with your Microsoft Account.
- After signing in, navigate to “Previews” and join the Windows Gaming preview.
- Check for updates in the Microsoft Store and make sure you have the latest version of Xbox Game Bar (Version 5.722.5022.0 or higher).
- Reboot your PC.
- Connect the Xbox controller to your PC, the new controller bar will appear.