Last year, Microsoft announced Azure Purview, a cloud-native data governance service to enable organizations to manage and govern their on-premises, multicloud, and SaaS data. Microsoft 365 Compliance offered comprehensive compliance solutions to help your organization manage risks, protect, and govern sensitive data.
Yesterday, Microsoft announced the new Microsoft Purview brand which combines both Azure Purview and Microsoft 365 Compliance portfolio. You can check out the rebranded service list below.
Microsoft Purview will be a one stop solution that will help you govern, protect, and manage your entire data estate. It will offer the following:
- Helps you gain visibility into assets across your entire data estate.
- Enables easy access to all your data, security, and risk solutions.
- Helps safeguard and manage sensitive data across clouds, apps, and endpoints.
- Manages end-to-end data risks and regulatory compliance.
- Empowers your organization to govern, protect, and manage data in new, comprehensive ways.
In addition to the rebranding, Microsoft also announced the following new capabilities:
- The general availability (GA) of Microsoft Purview Data Loss Prevention (DLP) for macOS endpoints. The preview of restricted app groups for Windows endpoints allows organizations to scope different access restrictions to sensitive files between a set of sanctioned or unsanctioned applications.
- Microsoft is extending its sensitive information type catalog with more than 50 new classifiers.
- The preview of co-authoring of encrypted documents for mobile devices (iOS and Android) enables multiple users to work simultaneously on Microsoft 365 apps.
- The preview of multi-stage retention in Microsoft Purview Data Lifecycle Management (formerly Microsoft Information Governance).
You can read about them in detail from the link below.