Earlier today, a German technology blog published a blog post claiming that Microsoft will start Windows 12 development in March, and they are looking to add more employees to the team.
According to our sources, the above report about Windows 12 is not accurate. We got the following information regarding Windows 12.
- Right now, Microsoft does not have any concrete plans to release a Windows version named ‘Windows 12’.
- Windows is under active development as always and they are actively hiring for the team. Windows 12 has nothing to do with it.
- Microsoft’s current plan is to expand the availability of Windows 11 to more PCs and deliver new features for Windows 11 users via both minor updates and annual updates.
Last week, Microsoft released a new Windows 11 Insider build with several new features and improvements. You can find the summary of the changes below.
- Create and curate folders in the pinned apps area of the Start Menu.
- Introducing Do Not Disturb and Focus
- Live Captions for on-device audio
- Improving Quick Access in File Explorer
- See your OneDrive storage in File Explorer
- New Touch Gestures
- Improving Snap Layouts
- More sustainable power settings and recommendations
- More improvements to browsing the web in Microsoft Edge with Narrator
- Task Manager Redesign & Efficiency Mode
- Introducing a new PowerShell module to provision language and language related features
- Other Changes and Improvements
You can read about the above features in detail here.